A7SIII corrupted images on in-camera playback, is this normal?

TVWXMAN

Would love some advice!

When I take photos with this camera, and review them on the camera they look fine if I'm in one of the photo modes on the dial.  The videos play back just fine too.  But if the dial is set to video mode, and I decide to review the various videos and photos on the SD card, the videos play back fine, but the photos look like they were taken in a nuclear war on Mars.  Anyone else with this camera seeing this?  Should I be concerned?  The window to return/exchange this is closing if I have a defect.   (current firmware version: 2.01)

Also, I reformatted the SD card just to make sure it wasn't acting up somehow and that did not help.

Thanks very much!

Eric

Edited by TVWXMAN

Not sure what's happening, but if you get good photo review under dial Photo select only, maybe that's a known limitation, especially if it's repeatable. I will test when i get a chance.

It may also be needing a firmware update.

Best, as always,

Loren

Thanks very much. Since the answer to this problem has been inconclusive so far, I decided to reorder and exchange this camera. Due to back order, my new camera will not arrive until mid-October.  Needless to say I will report back on this thread as to whether this issue was isolated to my current model or if this is a bug among all the a7sIII models. If so, I will definitely alert Sony too.