Sony 50mm f/1.8 after the firmware upgrade to version 03

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I bought the Sony 50mm f/1.8 for a video review on my youtube channel ParadiseBizz. It currently retails between $199 and $240, so it really doesn't break the bank. 

I checked in my camera menu (toolbox page 6 >> version) which firmware it came with and I saw that the latest firmware version 3 was already applied. 

If you don't have the latest firmware, it is easy to upgrade: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/lenses-e-mount-lenses/sel50f18f 

With the new firmware the focus is SPOT ON, it is snappy and accurate. I never missed a shot. 

Even in video mode it is very good and reliable. The only problem in video mode: the AF motor is very noisy, you need to use an external mic. 

But overall, for a lens at this price point: very impressive. 

DSC00783.jpg

Edited by Difi

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Also consider the new A7iv. It has a lot of the A9ii except the 20 fps silent shutter. If you really value that, get the A9ii. Otherwise the A7iv may be just as nice for half the price.
    • Hi everyone, I’ve been using my A7iii for about 3 years now and overall I’m pretty happy with it. I find myself wanting to upgrade to a newer model namely for: a better menu, EVF, ergonomics and better auto focusing. I don’t have a set budget, I want to buy the right camera for my needs. The type of photography I primarily do is travel/documentary. Video is nice to have but not that important to me. I shoot some landscapes but this isn’t my primary focus. Occasionally I will crop but that isn’t very often. A fast shutter speed is nice to have in some of the environments I shot in. Low light performance is very important to me along with eye auto focus. Obviously everyone is lusting after the A1 right now and I have to admit, I’m tempted. For my uses I think 50 megapixels is too much. I however I’m not entirely sure as I’ve never used a high megapixel camera. The camera that seems to check all of the boxes is the A9ii.    I may have answered my own question but I’m interested to hear everyone’s opinion.    Thanks
    • I paired a JJC BTR-S1 remote with my Sony A1. I want to unpair it but can't figure can't how to do that. Can someone help me? TIA.
  • Topics