HI From Clearwater, FLorida

Ercorsbie

HI from Clearwater, FL:

I am new to the sony platform.  I was a pentax user and I really did love my pentax however I hated lugging around heavy gear but I wanted to still be able to do the kind of photography I like...so I researched mirrorless cameras and saw really awesome reviews on the Sony a6000, I needed the high continous shutter and fast autofocus, so I purchased the a6000.  Right now I am just going through all of the settings and what now(bought a field guide), once I go through everything will start posting some photos on here.  I am anxious to navigate the forum and learn from everyone!!

I am considering a pass from Pentax too; your opinions will be very very welcome. :-)))

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Hi, I am thinking right now the only disadvantage of the a6000 compared to the Pentax I had is the weather sealing.  Typically the sensor that is in the pentax is made by sony.  I have been told by several people at camera stores that the a6000 has really great dynamic range.  I was a bit skeptical about changing because the sony has limited lenses, however I found out that there are serval adaptors such as one where you can put canon L lenses....that pretty much sold me on changing.  WHat pentax model do you have?

Hi, I am thinking right now the only disadvantage of the a6000 compared to the Pentax I had is the weather sealing. Typically the sensor that is in the pentax is made by sony. I have been told by several people at camera stores that the a6000 has really great dynamic range. I was a bit skeptical about changing because the sony has limited lenses, however I found out that there are serval adaptors such as one where you can put canon L lenses....that pretty much sold me on changing. WHat pentax model do you have?

Thank you for the feedback, I have the K3. I came to a moment, where I wish to buy more lenses, but can't be sure whether I should go on with Pentax.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome to the forum.   LOVE CLEARWATER! haven't been there in years though sadly.

It's hard to beat Pentax with regard it's environmental and weather ruggedness. I had the k30 it was really tough.

They are well made cameras indeed. But I also like the compactness of the a6000.

One thing i have noticed about the mirror-less setup is that the sensor gets a bit dustier quicker than the the DSLRs, not really a big problem because it's much easier to access and dust off than on a DSLR..