lens for Sony a7II

ine

We have bought a Sony a7II body. Which lens would you suggest for interior pictures?
I was thinking about a 20mm. (Tamron 20mm F/2.8 Di III OSD Sony FE or Sony 20mm F2.8 Groothoeklens E-mount)  
Is that an good idea?

Or is this one better Sony 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 Zoomlens E-mount

I already have the lens Tamron 18-400mm F/3.5 - 6.3 Di IIVC HLD can I still use this on the Sony body? because it is an other mount..

gr Ine

Keep in mind that you need full frame lenses (Sony marks them „FE“) to get the full potential out of the full frame sensor. APS-C E-mount lenses (marked „E“) will work, but don‘t use the complete sensor.

If the Tamron has another mount you will need an adapter and the lens will most likely only operate manually, if it works at all. Depends on lens, mount and adapter.

For interior work, I like to have a wide angle lens (yes, 20mm is good) personally I use 15mm, but I like a lens with as wide an aperture as I can afford, so I don't need to use artificial lighting or high ISOs.

My lens  for interiors (and some landscapes) is a Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 which cost me less than £500 2nd hand (MPB).

52 minutes ago, thebeardedgroundsman said:

My lens  for interiors (and some landscapes) is a Tamron SP 15-30mm f/2.8 which cost me less than £500 2nd hand (MPB).

That doesn't fit on an A7ii. There is however a Tamron 17-28 f/2.8 which might be a good choice, or the Sony 20mm f/1.8 G. If your budget is tight or you want something compact the Tamron 20mm f/2.8 is indeed a good option. The Samyang 18mm f/2.8 AF might be interesting if you want to go really wide (and it's cheap).

As Olaf noted, do make sure the lens you're considering covers a fullframe sensor. The Sony 20mm f/2.8 and 16-50 don't.

Edited by Pieter