A77ii For infrared filter photography

I would like to know if the alpha a77ii camera can be used for infrared filter pictures. I have tried the Hoya 72 and an 850 nm filters. Cannot get false color with the 720 and with the 850 there seems to be a bit of noise. I like the idea of getting involved with infrared but I am at a loss by virtue of the fact I had an a100 that took very good infrared pictures.

Thanks, Gary K.

Infrared is great, but MOST digital cameras have an IR filter over the sensor.  There are ways to remove it with some digital cameras, but it's a rabbit hole.  Many people have tried many appoaches to get around it.

My advice?  If you are serious about IR work, get an older -- AKA, NON-digital -- FILM camera

• 2 months later...

I have an a3000 that I converted to IR. Works great. Because it is mirrorless, you don't have to get the camera calabrated with the lens that you are going to use.

I tried filters, but I didn't like the way that they worked, so I got a conversion to IR.