Custom Button for Steady Shot?

Back in the day when I used an Alpha 100, there was a switch to turn steady shot on and off (in those days I didn't understand why anyone would want to turn it off).

Moving on a few years to the A99 and A68 this control had migrated into the menu system (and I learnt the reason for turning it off, when using a tripod)

In looking through what custom buttons can be customised for, I cannot find a quick way to switch Steadyshot  (or IBIS) on/off. Has anyone found a quicker solution than scrolling through the menus?

About 1/4 of my photos are on a tripod.

I assume your question is about your a6500. You know you can fully customize the Fn-menu to contain all your frequently used options? Saves a lot of menu diving. C1/C2 is a good button as well imo if you really need quick access.

I've customized my a6500 like this:

• settings I need without taking my eye from the viewfinder and my finger from the shutter button: C3, AEL, AF/MF (stuff like eye-AF, AF-on)
  • settings I need without taking my eye from the viewfinder, finger from shutter button is ok: C1, C2 (stuff like focus magnification, lock-on AF or Focus Area)
  • all other settings I frequently need that allow some time to be adjusted: Fn-button.

How's that AF-on button working out for you?

I've now thoroughly searched the manual for the A99 and cannot find a button that can be customised to turn steady shot on/off. 

There is a way of selecting it via "Quick Navi), so I'll try using that. It looks like I can leave the function highlighted so it is available when I scroll through the display options to the one that does not show the view of the subject. Then I press Fn and can then turn it on or off. A little convoluted but hopefully quicker than going through the menu - fortunately the other functions I tend to use are all assigned buttons, so I should be able to use the Quick Navi for this job only - we'll see!