a7r4 level extremely inaccurate

cbcb

The level display on the a7r4 is extremely inaccurate-- shots can need over a full degree of adjustment in both axes (axies? axis?) after the fact even when the display reads as fully leveled (all green).  This basically makes the level useless for shots any straight lines in the photo (which I think is the whole point of a level???)-- my Canon cameras are all much more accurate (maybe needing .3 degrees of adjustment at most). 

Can this somehow be improved in firmware??  Really disappointed that a multi-thousand dollar camera is so inaccurate, and I have to waste resolution and time by having to rotate /distort images to be squared up.

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, thebeardedgroundsman said:

Interesting...I've not had a problem with my A7Rii, or my A90 before that.

Always seems strange when technology goes backwards!

I didn´t have any previous experience with Sony. Even though I had my doubts, A7R4 seemed most practical option, after reading many of reviews etc. However none of those mentioned this flaw, which is actually a major issue to me and I would rather have a camera with half of the resolution and accurate level, than what I have now. As it takes much more time first trying to make sure that camera is straight and then fixing the images afterwards. So I don´t think that this camera has been even designed for serious photography. Anyway, I have waited for couple months that maybe Sony would fix this, but it seems that they won´t.        

Edited by Theomachist

• 1 month later...

I just got the A7R IV and find the level to be no more inaccurate than on the A7R II. If you're happy with the level on the II you won't notice any difference with the IV.

But I agree that they're both terrible, at least compared to the level on the Leica M10R.