A7sii HFR question

Hi there,

Playing around with HFR on my A7sii.

I’m a bit new to HFR, can anyone help with what the right settings might be in final cut or iMovie?

My particular use case is in PAL region, so the HFR footage is 100fps.

I assume the iMovie project is 25fps (there no real way to tell tho, that I can find), but when I want to change the speed setting I must choose a percentage for the movie?

What is the native percentage of the 100fps clip? 

Even if this were in some other app, and we assume my project is 25fps, then to display my 100fps clip, what is the percentage? 25%? 

Sorry for the noob question but maths isn’t my strong point. 

Thanks

Edited by mattleaf

Set FCP to automatically set the frame rate based on the first image file imported.automatically, in your case 25fps PAL (It can be changed to something else later on if desired.)

Your 100fps clip will play natively 25% slower you having to do nothing. Control+Option+R gets to where you can set the speed to anything you want. 400% and your clip plays as if it wasn't shot HFR at all. 50% and the clip plays twice as slow as it was shot.

I shoot HFR on MF where possible. Discerning eyes (I have two) can pick up the micro fluctuations of AF doing its thing. Most won't notice but it drives me batty.

Thank you for your repsonse. So 25% is the percentage.

I think I will shift to DaVinci Resolve now - I'm finding the magnetic timelines counter-intuitive for this type of work. 

In Resolve at least, I can conform the footage to the desired FPS, rather than a percentage, which makes more sense to me. 

In any case I appreciate your response. 

Thanks!