Has anyone use a "K&F concept" filter?

1 hour ago, XKAES said:

Budget at $70?  What size(s) are you talking about?  What type of PL and ND are you looking for?

My lens is 49 mm. I'm looking for a ND filter to record video outside (and maybe for long exposure, but it would not be the main use), and a PL for landscape photography. 

I saw this one that is a 2x1, ND and PL, for 60 euros:

https://www.amazon.es/Concept-Polarizador-Densidad-Ajustable-ND2-ND32/dp/B08393729H/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=K%26F%2Bconcept%2Bnd%2Bfilter&qid=1618331841&sr=8-5&th=1

The good news is that good 49mm filters are easy -- AND inexpensive -- to find.

What I meant was what TYPE of PL filter do you want -- linear or circular?

What density(ies) do you want for the ND?  A single, a set -- or a variable ND?

There are a TON of GREAT PL and ND 49mm filters that you can get for under $10 -- used -- but in great shape.

16 hours ago, XKAES said:

The good news is that good 49mm filters are easy -- AND inexpensive -- to find.

What I meant was what TYPE of PL filter do you want -- linear or circular?

What density(ies) do you want for the ND?  A single, a set -- or a variable ND?

There are a TON of GREAT PL and ND 49mm filters that you can get for under $10 -- used -- but in great shape.

To be honest, I am not sureif I would buy a linear or circular PL. Maybe linear are better?

And for the ND, I think a variable one would be better in order to be able to make video in different conditions

For PL filters, it depends on your camera which you can/should use.  You need to do a little research there.

For ND filters, all I know about variable ND filters is that they are much more expensive.  I have three ND filters -- 1-stop, 2-stops, and 10-stops -- all are 77mm Hoya multi-coated.  Each of them cost $10-20.  You need to do a little research here, as well.

The time you spend checking things out will make sure you get the right filters for you!

I haven't ever tried K&F filters but don't equate low price with low quality. I have a mate who swears by Lee who was aghast when I bought myself a 10 stop Zomei for about 50% of the price of the Lee. We carried out a controlled test on a multi-coloured display in my back garden, swapping the filters between our two (different) cameras.  Back in Lightroom and we couldn't tell the difference. Both showed mild colour casts which were equally easily dealt with by Lightroom but no discernable image distortion nor any other issues which would have had us say that one was better than the other.

The myths surrounding "name recognition" are as old as photography.  Some claim that any gear without the Leica name on it is crap.  Others say that any gear without the Nikon label is garbage.  Many won't use anything other than Pentax, or Canon, or .........  This is true for cameras, lenses, flashes, filters, you name it.

It all meaningless.  "Gear" ranges from great to mediocre to bad.  Most meets the needs of most shutterbugs.  It's important to run simple tests on any of your gear, but nine out of 10 times it will work fine for you.

Even new, very expensive gear can be bad/defective.  And inexpensive, used gear can be great!

Anyway, much gear is actually made by some other company than you think.  For example, many of Leica's SLR lenses were made by Minolta.  Minolta sold it's 80-200mm f4.5 zoom for $400.  Leica sold the exact same lens -- labeled "Leica", not Minolta -- at the same time for $1,200.  Many of Contax's lenses were made by Yashica (Tomioka).  Many of Nikon's lens by Asahi (Pentax). I could go on.

Who do you think makes Sony cameras?  Sony lenses?

The name and the price tag on the box are pretty irrelevant.

Edited by XKAES