RX100 M4 landscape image

Exploratorius

Hi!

New forum member here.  I'm a former pro shooter (multi-image industry during the 1980's), but I just take pix for my own enjoyment now -- a hybrid of film and digital.  I use monochrome full-frame 35mm film for tones, texture, and people shots; digital for color, landscapes, and snaps.

Yes, I'd love to own an A7RII, but I can't justify the cost of such an expensive rig; plus, it's still too big for my taste, as I want full-frame digital in the form factor of an a5000 (and a sub-$1,500 price tag to go along with it, too).  So I've been looking for something that's real portable, small, and light.  And I think I've found it with the new RX100 M4.

I just shot this yesterday in the wilds of West Virginia and am very pleased with the RX100 M4 as a landscape shooter.

Thanks for looking.

Chasm on the Edge
Bear Rocks Preserve — Dolly Sods Wilderness, West Virginia (August 2015)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

That's a cool shot!

Thank you. Here is my mini time lapse rig with RX100 IV. I really love results with Play Memories Time Lapse App.

e847b8c1919ec50155b7d3272fe08797.jpg

In photo above is Cullmann tabletop tripod, Novoflex small ballhead and Anker external USB Battery. Nice feature in A7R II and RX100 IV is that you can power the camera from USB Battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. Here is my mini time lapse rig with RX100 IV. I really love results with Play Memories Time Lapse App.

In photo above is Cullmann tabletop tripod, Novoflex small ballhead and Anker external USB Battery. Nice feature in A7R II and RX100 IV is that you can power the camera from USB Battery.

Slick!  I haven't used any of the Apps yet -- I'll have to try that!