Sony Lens Repair - Very poor quality

I have owned Panasonic, Olympus, Nikon and Canon professional level photo gear over the years and whenever I needed a repair, the factory authorized service did it and did it well, either under warranty, or at a reasonable charge.  I never had to take a camera or lens back for a second time because each time it was repaired and restored to Factory Specs.   Well, that is apparently not the case with Sony USA.  I had my Sony 100-400GM lens repaired, and it had to go back three times to get the job done, and then, when I got it back after the third time, for the same issue, the lens was producing "soft" images at the 400mm setting wide open. It did not have this problem when before it was "repaired".   It now needs to go back again for a fourth repair. And IMHO, this is excessive and indicates sloppy repair work.  It should have been brought to Full FACTORY SPECS after the first repair visit.   All told, I lost about 4 to 5 months of shooting with this lens.  For the record, I have had three Sony professional grade cameras and several other Sony lenses and none of these ever need a repair or adjustment.  They just work, and worked very well and they are not abused in any way.  I just have to wonder how common my experience with Sony Repair Service is?  I would be interested in the experience of others who use the Sony Camera Repair Service.

I feel for you, guy.  That's horrible -- but there is probably a better term.

As some kinda,sorta consolation, I've had similar things happen to me -- largely not photographic -- and it all wasted so much of my time and energy -- that I can still remember it, years later.

My advise?  For what it's worth? Get a bottle of wine -- and a gal -- and watch a Marx Brothers movie -- with some POPCORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The two of you will be friends for life.