ILCE-7M3 front dial button stuck

Stof

Hello

I’m wondering if any of you had a similar problem.

The front dial ring is stuck. The aperture is set on it, so on Manual or A I cant change it. I can scroll the dial, but values just jump forth/back 1 value.

I swapped the Dial Setup to put Aprture on the backside dial and then it works. Having the Tv on the front dial makes it not working too anymore.

My device is just today 2y.

I reset everything + update to firmware v4. Nothing changed. The physical experience didnt change, just the same like the back dial ring.

Also with another (macro) lens, same problem.

Using the front dial in a menu, same, just jumping 1 back and forth.

Anyone got this too? 

This is a $2k body, I can’t believe this will cost me even more to repair.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey friend, I'm having the same issue with a Sony a7s. The setting config to the front dial sometimes goes crazy and keep it dancing between two values...

Don't know how to fix it, but this is truly breaking me, because there is no way to work on manual mode with my shutter speed changing by himself in the middle of the scene.

On 4/14/2021 at 5:53 PM, lucas paschoalick said:

Hey friend, I'm having the same issue with a Sony a7s. The setting config to the front dial sometimes goes crazy and keep it dancing between two values...

Don't know how to fix it, but this is truly breaking me, because there is no way to work on manual mode with my shutter speed changing by himself in the middle of the scene.

I've been reading that a lot of customers have been experiencing several issues witht he Sony a7. I'm really sorry you're another example.

Mine is in reparation. Will cost at least 150 euro.

I posted this thread on Twitter to Sony Alpha. RT would be nice: https://twitter.com/ssstofff/status/1384158593700667394?s=20

Edited by Stof

• 6 months later...