4K recording in iPhone vs Sony

This is my second post and I am new to the digital world (as I mentioned in my 1st post).

I know that there are some differences between an iPhone and a mirrorless camera, e.g. not being able to get bokeh (or artificial bokeh using iOS apps), lower resolution quality, colour issues an some more that I'm not familiar with.

A friend of mine told me that if I buy a digital camera it'll last a long time (let's say if I spend $2000). I personally don't agree with him. It seems that every year, the mirrorless cameras are taking hits from the cellphone industry.

Right now iPhone 11 and 12 pro record at 4k at 60 fps. Something that a6400 can't do. How is the price depreciation of these mid-range mirrorless cameras? In 2-3 years iPhone will probably surpass the quality of a6400 and its next gens will be equipped with periscopes and even better image quality. 

Is it really worth buying an APS-C camera at all or in 2-3 years it will be similar to an iPhone (except lens)?

What is Sony's plan/strategy to compete with the cellphone manufacturers?

Edited by Rea

I think you'll need to read up a bit on the benefits of a large sensor. There's no denying that some of those benefits can be offset by heavy post-processing done in modern phones, but in the foreseeable future a large sensor will still produce a much cleaner image than a small one, especially in poor lighting conditions.