Newbie looking for the right lens for Disney

I am a newbie who just bought a Sony a6000. I also purchased the Sigma Trio (16mm 1.4, 30mm 1.4, 56mm 1.4 lenses).   My wife and I just adopted two girls 4 and5.  At 58 I am at the age you are supposed to kick kids out :).  We are taking the girls to Disney World in Orlando on March 24th.  I am second guessing the Sigma 30mm 1.4 in exchange for the Sigma 18-35mm 1.8.  I want to be able to zoom in and have a lens that can be versatile.  I will be using the 16mm for video both outside and inside the dark rides.  I want to know is it worthwhile to get the 18-35mm instead of the 30mm?  I planned on using the 56mm 1.4 for photos but wondering in the theme park would the 18-35 be a better option?  Again, you are talking to a newbie here so go easy :) 

Thanks

Hi

No doubt you will get a lot of differing views.

The lens you are looking at brings your camera's view to approximately what the eye sees if you don't move them.

With the variety of things to see at Disney (shows, parades, rides etc) you might like a bit more "reach" from a zoom lens.

The Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 Di III RXD Lens is a similar price to the Sigma 18-35 although bulkier to carry around.

Have a great time with the girls - they'll keep you young!

The Sigma 18-35 F/1.8 is huge, heavy, not stabilized and will have mediocre autofocus due to the neccesary adapter. Since you already have the Sigma 16mm F/1.4 for indoor shots, I think you'll be much better off getting the Tamron 17-70 F/2.8, which is smaller, lighter, stabilized, much bigger zoom range and has native autofocus. It costs less than the Sigma+adapter to boot. Since your a6000 is not stabilized, the slower aperture of the Tamron is largely offset by the stabilized optics.

The Tamron 28-75 suggested above isn't stabilized and doesn't make sense on an a6000 unless you're planning to go fullframe one day.

Thanks for feedback.  Again I am new to this. And after doing more research last night and finding out that Disney cancelled all of the parades and night-time fireworks and light shows, I am now thinking that I want to take one lens that can take photos of my girls with characters and maybe in front of some attractions and photos of them on rides.  Since I am new I am thinking that maybe taking one lens that I can work with for both inside and outside.  I am reading about the 50mm 1.4 or 1.8?  Would that work?  this way I can learn how to use one lens and not have to learn how to use two or three.  Any thoughts? 

Edited by BrooklynFoto

Since you already purchased the Sigma trio, try those a bit to see which focal length works for you. I really love the Sigma 56mm f/1.4: many of my most memorable family portraits are shot with that lens. Still, its use case is quite specific as the field of view is fairly narrow. As a general, multi-purpose lens I find something in the 20-30mm focal length range more versatile.

However, for a one lens solution on a day trip I would again recommend the very versatile Tamron 17-70 f/2.8.

Thanks for the recommendations.  I have decided to leave the camera home, use my iPhone, and purchased the Memory Maker for 69.00.   I want to enjoy my time with my family and not get bogged down with trying to learn lenses settings.  Easy! :)    This will give me time to learn the camera and practice with different lenses for future trips.   Thanks all.