footage between rented a7sii bodies doesnt match

Hey there guys.

I have been working on a few product setup videos at work using a7sii bodies rented from a major gear rental. Im new to all this, the videos are a side project that has become important.

I went back this week with another rental to do some reshoots and the footage is much warmer, more magenta, with the new body. I returned the body and got another one, same issue. attached is a photo comparison that shows the difference. this is footage with the exact same settings:

a7sii, slog2, custom wb 3200k, sigma fe2.8 50mm, identical color grades in resolve, same timeline settings etc. The footage doesn't match on the monitor (ninja with rec709 lut), on the camera screen or in resolve. I'm recording to an SD card.

I didn't have any custom color shift set up on the custom white balance setting on either shoot.

the color in the first image is true-to-life. in the second image, the camera has turned all of the blues purple etc. The first 2 photos look are overexposed because there is an exposure mask on that area of the footage, but you get the idea.

if anyone has any ideas please let me know!

Edited by Mkwood