A6600 HDMI Failure?

Hello all, 

I am having a somewhat unique issue with an A6600 camera. 

I have been using a few A6600's to do some online training seminars for my company. My setup is

2 A6600's 

2 Sony Pro 1080p  Camcorders 

2 Go Pros

Connected via capture cards and 1 ATEM mini pro

I have had these cameras plugged in and operating as live cameras for over 2 months now. I have the DSLR mounted on a ceiling and wired in with a dummy battery, running back to the ATEM mini. Recently I removed the A6600 from the mount and disconnected the HDMI for the first time in about 2 months. (I usually use the camera mon-fri I will turn it on and off every day, but they do run for about 8 hours a day.)  I have not had an issue with the camera connecting, until I removed the camera. 

Now when I connect a micro-HDMI to the camera it will not put out a picture no matter what I do. I have tried multiple cords, multiple televisions, capture cards, computers and combinations to get the camera to give me a picture through the HDMI port. I have not had any luck. I have also tried multiple settings in the camera's menu's, forcing the camera to 1080p/1080i/2160p none of those settings yielded me any luck. I have also tried setting the camera off of 4k, but still no luck. I changed all the HDMI settings one by one and multiple together. Still no image, (to be clear no image on the HDMI output ONLY, the LCD screen on the camera works fine and the camera can record, take pictures as normal)

Trying many different things, and even going as far as to do an initialization for this camera still has not given me and HDMI display back. When I do attach a micro-HDMI cord, the LCD will go blank for a few seconds as if the camera is connecting to the HDMI cable then the LCD will turn back on without displaying an image through the HDMI cord. 

I have had luck making the camera work as a webcam with the Sony webcam software and a micro usb cord, however the resolution and the latency of that setup is not suitable for my use. 

I am curious if there is anyone out there that has any suggestions? and/or if anyone knows what the chances are the HDMI port on the camera is ruined, and if that is the case how I would go about getting it repaired? 

I really don't want to have to buy another body, but the camera is useless to me without HDMI.

I am currently downloading the firmware update from 9-3-2020 off of Sony's website and I will be updating the camera. I will post back if the update miraculosly fixes this issue but I am thinking it wont. 

Thanks! 

• 5 months later...