A7iii Battery Charge Percentage

Musicman1

• 2 months later...

My a850 probably uses a different battery, but the "dynamics" are probably the same.  It's a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery pack.

It states in the manual that when the light on the charger goes out, a "Normal charge is completed".  It goes on to states that one hour AFTER the led goes out, a "Full charge is completed".

It goes on to state that a "Normal charge" for a "fully depleted" battery takes 175 minutes.  A "Full charge" takes 235 minutes.

It does NOT state what percentage you will get from a "Normal charge".  I have to assume it is below 100%.

Why the LED goes out before a "Full charge" is completed is a puzzler to be, but maybe you should read the fine print in your manual.  It very well may say the same thing as my manual -- in small print with an asterisk.  Assuming that you have a relatively new battery, try charging it until the LED goes out.  Then check the percentage.  I bet it will be below 100%.  Then charge it for another hour and see what you get.

It may also be different if you are charging in the camera versus in a charger (my only option).

Edited by XKAES