Questions about external monitor for video shoot

Hi!

Sorry if this in the wrong area, or if this has already been beaten to death...  BUT

I've been approached to shoot a cooking how-to video and am figuring out how to set up a camera directly above the cooking area.

My plan is to hook up my a6600 on a century stand, and I'm looking for a good external monitor. I don't mind paying some $$ for one that will last a while. Any recommendations?

Also -  I figure I'll need about 15 feet of cable to connect the camera and monitor.

Can I use adapters to connect several cables? Or should I find a 'sony wee-bitty HDMI out to regular HDMI out' cable?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, FMiller said:

Hi!

Sorry if this in the wrong area, or if this has already been beaten to death...  BUT

I've been approached to shoot a cooking how-to video and am figuring out how to set up a camera directly above the cooking area.

My plan is to hook up my a6600 on a century stand, and I'm looking for a good external monitor. I don't mind paying some $$ for one that will last a while. Any recommendations?

Also -  I figure I'll need about 15 feet of cable to connect the camera and monitor.

Can I use adapters to connect several cables? Or should I find a 'sony wee-bitty HDMI out to regular HDMI out' cable?

Thanks!

I've tried to get HDMI signals from my a7R IV for a year+. Video displays on the external monitor but the HDMI info (most importantly the recording indicator/tally light) doesn't show. If looking at the monitor instead of the camera LCD, it's critical to know if the camera is recording or in standby. There are menu items to supposedly control this function, but nothing I've tried has worked and Sony Tech Support hasn't been able to help. They say "we don't support use of external monitors." Point is.... be careful.