Alpha A1 "flagship"

carney2

This is in the early stages of introduction so information is sketchy.  I'm sure there is a small handful of people who can use whatever this camera has to offer, but at $6,500 (body only) it will generally appeal to  those with more money than brains who think that they will be a better photographer if they spend more.

2 hours ago, carney2 said:

This is in the early stages of introduction so information is sketchy.  I'm sure there is a small handful of people who can use whatever this camera has to offer, but at $6,500 (body only) it will generally appeal to  those with more money than brains who think that they will be a better photographer if they spend more.

I always laugh at these envy posts. I see them in every forum pertaining to every single subject under the sun. 

Are YOU using your camera to the fullest? Do you “deserve” your camera? The amazing and very successful Steven Soderbergh made a multi-million dollar feature film on an iPhone. So I guess if you haven’t done that, you don’t deserve ANY Sony Alpha camera.

I don’t have the money to buy an A1, but if I did, I would. Know why? Because I want it! Why are you concerned with how other people spend their money?

I’ve pre-ordered an α1; My α9 is an incredible camera and enabled me to get some amazing shots. The only thing I would change would be to increase the resolution. 

The 50mp sensor on the α1 will still give me 21mp in APS-C mode and give me 1.5x more reach on my telephoto lenses without having to spend too much time importing full-size files.

The latest Sony cameras are a little larger and will fit my hands better, I always use my α9 with the battery grip as its more comfortable but I like the ability to leave the grip at home if I want a lighter camera.