Question about Image quality with Sony GM 100-400mm lens

pcr1040

I need the help of others who own this lens..  My Sony lens was set to repair twice for the same issue.  First time, IMHO, the problem was partly fixed.  I sent it back a second time with examples of what I saw on my images and just got it back today.  I shot a small number of images today, and I think I still have that same issue.  

Before I get to the details of the problem, I need to say, that I pulled out several images I shot with another lens (100-400mm lens Lumix ,M43)  and looked at these images to see if they showed the same type of shadowing around the edge of the subject when magnified at +200%.  None of these Lumix shot images show this issue.

Included are four images.  Images 1-3 are from the Sony 100-400 GM lens. All enlarged  200+%

1. shot before any repair was made.

2. made following the first repair

3. made after the second repair finally as a reference image,

4. an image enlarged to 200+% shot using the Lumix lens.

I would be interested in what others who own this lens Sony GM 100-400mm lens find when they enlarge a section of the target image.  Do you also see the slight “shadowing” along the edge of the image.  To see the edge "shadowing" you need to make the image larger than as they appear here.  As I look at the image, the shadowing seems to me to be more evident along the left side of each image.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!