6300 LCD monitor doesn't turn on when flat against camera body.

LCD monitor functions when pulled away from camera body and doesn't light when pressed against body in neutral postion.  Otherwise, viewfinder functions normally and have paged through Menu function to switch viewfinder/monitor from off/AUTO.  Thanks.

With the viewfinder/monitor function on auto, the sensor that notices your eye is being tricked by your body - moving the image into your view finder rather than the LCD screen.

This catches me out sometimes when I am making adjustments to my settings - but then I remember and just tip the camera a little. It's a lot easier than messing about with the control in manual.

Thanks so much for the reply, sorry I wasn't clear when referring to "body" which I meant body of camera.  I did try your suggestion but still can't get the LCD screen to come on (vs the viewfinder) until the screen is pulled out about a cm from the camera body.  So, not sure if it is a viewfinder contact sensor problem or something wrong with the screen electronics which problem is corrected whenever the screen is pulled away and disengaged with the camera body.  This seemed to happen after a few sessions of grandchildren photos where I used the screen to hold the camera closer to the ground, but otherwise there wasn't a drop or any other damage I'm aware of to the camera to result in this issue....it just cropped up.