Dose Sony Alpha a7III differ much in terms of image qauilty of Sony Alpha II - Just in terms of image qaulity

Putting aside the quality of the lens you might be using, the functions that might have been added to the newer model that may or may not facilitate shooting certain types of subjects under certain situations/circumstances, and the photographer behind the camera and the programs he might be using to process the photos and its ability to do so, I would think that the difference (what it’s left) would be determined by the sensors of the cameras and their processors.

You can search in DxO Marks' web site for the comparison of the performances of the sensor of the Sony a7 III against the sensor of the a7 and against the sensor of the a7 II. According to DxO Marks, the sensor of the A7 III scores 96 and the one form the a7 II scores 90.

(Try Googleing: "dxo sony a7 II vs a7 III" and the first entrance shown ought to take you to the comparison, it worked for me).

According to DxO Mark, there is a slight difference regarding the Dynamic Range with which one and the other can cope and regarding the ISO that can be reached. But I would think that for a take that does not need to make use of those pluses or limits, there would be no difference in the quality of an image due to using one or the other, but I can’t be considered qualified to give a trustable technical opinion in respect of your question.

Maybe somebody that has both (or has tried both) and/or knows more about sensor’s technical considerations, can give you a more accurate and trustable answer.

Edited by Alejandro