Is there a way, or a setting I'm missing that will make the the focus distance when manual focusing, stay constant after a power cycle?
I know this seems like a fussy issue to most, but when you do complex still like setups that require multiple exposures that need to be in perfect register for compositing in post, it can be a major issue.
Ideas? I cant find anything online about this.
I have the A7r2
- Silent shooting
- Eye AF is amazing in studio work
- 90mm Macro is amazing
- 70-200 f4, excelent
I miss and wish for:
- 24-105 or 24-120 f4 really sharp
- A professional flash with working AF assist,
- WI-FI free from horrible playmemories app
- make WiFi compatible with ShutterSnitch App.
- Shutter Snitch app can receive images as they are taken and allows customers to examine the photos in real time without any intervention from the photographer. To use this on the A7r2 I have to use a EYE-FI Card which is ridiculous and the cards are very slow.
- Lack of AF assist on flash, none of the Sony or 3rd party flashes has working AF assist, on a 2nd generation is not acceptable
- WiFi being so limited by design
- 24-70 F4, it's really bad expensive crap lens, we need a GM 24-70mm F4, the F2.8 looks great but it is too big, heavy and expensive
- Sony solution to problems is to introduce a new model slightly improved every 12 months. It's ridiculous to expect users to buy a new €3.500 camera every year to solve problems that should not be there in the first place.
Got this manual focus shot of an Osprey coming back from fishing in the morning out front of 'Tween Waters Inn on Captiva Island, FLA. Strange that I am more at home with manual focus lenses on this A7 than with my Zeiss 24-70.