Using Green square Eye AF using Manual Focus, possible??

It's not possible: that green square is an autofocus-confirmation box. If autofocus is disabled, the camera is not searching for eyes/faces so there won't be any green boxes. Focus magnification on the eyes might help in your case, though you need a model standing fairly still for this to work.

I think not. The eye focus belongs to the AF system (it works automatically if activated).
The focus peaking is a great means of assisting manual focusing in my opinion and can be used and be effective for most subjects. It will highlight vertical lines (or almost vertical) being in focus if the camera is horizontal, and horizontal lines if the camera is in portrait (vertical) position, so one can turn the camera to whichever position would be better to focus manually (even to a diagonal position) and then turn it back if necessary to the intended position for the photo (portrait or landscape).
I have recently bought an a7 and in order to get further assistance for manual focusing, I have also set (assigned) through the menu the Function Central Button to activate (at will) the Focus Magnifier (the digital zoom magnifier).
If being convenient, for AF mode, I can reassign the same Function Central Button to activate/deactivate the Eye AF (I did not set the camera to have it permanently activated, as I prefer not to).

Edited by Alejandro

It' s exact what i need

On 12/13/2020 at 2:59 PM, Pieter said:

It's not possible: that green square is an autofocus-confirmation box. If autofocus is disabled, the camera is not searching for eyes/faces so there won't be any green boxes. Focus magnification on the eyes might help in your case, though you need a model standing fairly still for this to work.

But it's not possible to use this feature using old vintage lenses.. it's really annoying cause i'm sure that the camera can recognize the faces en the eyes.. It'would be very helpful something like that. isn't it?

Automatic magnification on turning the focus ring (MF assist) might not work with a fully manual lens, but you can map a custom button to trigger magnification. Personally I really hate the automatic magnification: the camera doesn't know where you want to focus so the magnified area is always off, plus it messes up your composition while trying to do preliminary focussing.

I use focus peaking for coarse focus setting, then I magnify on the spot I want to focus on using my custom zoom button. The big advantage of using a custom button is that you can first determine where to set the zoom box before actually zooming in. I feel much more in control of the composition and much less disturbed by the focus magnification if triggered manually.

My camera is set to back button MF as standard. However, I have set C2 to change it to AF mode. After having pressed C2 it will stay in AF mode until either C2 is pressed again, or the back MF button is pressed, or the camera is turned off. For me this allows the best of both worlds.

regards - Peter

Edited by dewarp

1 hour ago, dewarp said:

My camera is set to back button MF as standard. However, I have set C2 to change it to AF mode.

I know back button AF, but what do you mean by back button MF? How is it different from the AF/MF toggle you mapped to C2?

I use C2 to magnify.. since 3 years.. it's comfortable,but not quick as it should be.. then move the area with joystick or the "touchpad" is very slow too.. focus peaking is not so reliable. 

Can you imagine how can be easy to snap the magnification on the eye or on the facet.. SONY!!! WAKE UP! ADD THIS FEATURE ?!