Hi

Alejandro

Hi, I am new to the forum but not to Sony cameras.
My first reflex camera was a Minolta SR-T 101 and some years later I bought a Minolta SR-T 303. Back then I had the 50mm lenses and two Tamron Adaptall-2 zoom lenses (which I still have).

Consequently, when I bought my first digital DSLR camera, I bought a Sony one and kept buying Sony cameras and Minolta and Sony lenses since then.

I have a Sony Alpha A230, an A580, a Rx100 camera and have just bought an a7 (a brand new one).

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2020 at 2:49 PM, mirrorlessNY(youtuber) said:

Welcome to the forum, you recently got A7 mark1? how do you like it?

Sorry mirrorlessNY(youtuber) for not answering before, I have just realized that you posted the question.

For the time being since I bought my a7 (with which I have been doing some trial shoots but not that much relevant takes), I am loving it.

I bought it (new) for about a fourth of what I would have needed to pay for a newer model. I paid 500 U$S for the body and the Sony 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS zoom lens (which for being a kit lens, performs quite well). Sony Store here in my country was offering them cheap and the money exchange at that moment helped as well.

The sensor has no stabilization (the OSS lens has) and it may have fewer functions than the following models, but again, I bought it very cheap. And regarding functions, it has more than the cameras I already had (A230, A580 and Rx100) and a better sensor obviously, and I don’t mind not having the newest model of whatever I buy. Cameras will probably keep improving (as cell-phones do for example), and there is no way to keep up with the pace. If I would have bought an a7 III (paying four times more, which I wouldn’t have done anyway), then an a7 IV would probably be launched next. The a7 more than fulfills my expectations and needs (well...., not really needs) as it is.

Edited by Alejandro