Can't turn off S&Q in custom shooting mode

ShawnK

Hi folks.

Just received my A7SIII, and I'm setting up my custom settings.

This is probably such a newbie mistake, but I can't figure out how to turn off S&Q mode in my 'custom shooting mode' - not S&Q mode on the dial, my custom shooting mode 2.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm really scratching my head on this one.

Thanks!

Shawn

17 hours ago, mirrorlessNY(youtuber) said:

how do yo mean? I though S&Q works only when main dial is set to S&Q????

Exactly my thoughts. But, in custom mode 2 on the dial, it actually said S&Q on the screen, and I couldn't toggle it off, since there is no method that I could find to enable or disable it, since it's ONLY supposed to be on when on the dedicated S&Q mode on the dial.

So, I initialized the camera to reset it to factory specs, and everything now seems fine.

I think the original problem was that I downloaded Philip Bloom's custom camera setup file and loaded his settings in my camera. I have a feeling that either his settings are from a pre-production camera, or perhaps the settings are different between European models and North American models. Anyway, I believe his settings were incompatible with my camera and caused the problem.

In any event, things are fine now and I'll be setting my own custom modes myself. All the best!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

This just happened to me too.  I finally figured it out.  I was playing around with s&q mode, and then saved the settings to mem slot 1 and 2.  So it looks like you can save s&q settings to custom slots.  Once the custom slot is set up for s&q, I can't find a way to simply turn that off.  I fixed it by saving movie mode settings into the custom memory slot.  Then I had to customize things again...