Sony A7 iii - Strange artifacts on photo

DaBone

Hi fellow Sony shooters :)

I have a question regarding my setup, I have a Sony A7 III with a Tamron 28-75 Di III RXD lens but I have quite often some strange artifacts (little lines) in my photos. I first noticed it when I took a picture of my son and these artifacts in his hair, but have also seen these artifacts when taking photos of our cats or other animals with fur. I have already tried resetting the camera back to factory settings and also started shooting in RAW, but these artifacts are also visible in the Uncompressed RAW files, even though there are less compared to the JPG, but they are stil there. It takes a little bit of the fun away shooting photos because it is almost impossible to get rid of all these odd lines and always disappointing when viewing my photos. 

I was wondering if someone has the same problem to see if it's a common problem, or if there might be an issue with either my camera or the lens. 

Crop from JPG:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XVMRUA9h29U1jnEK6

Uncompressed RAW with artifacts in fox's fur:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6C8ZKcxyK5X5JuLd9

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2020 at 7:36 PM, LiveShots said:

Do you mean that ‘cross-hatch’ effect ? I’m wondering its a moire effect from light hitting his hair at just the right angle,

Try using a smaller aperture to see if that helps

If you look in the middle of the hair you see small vertical lines (which are not hair) all over the place. It's also visible in the RAW file, but the strange part is that it is only visible in human hair and animal fur. I tried to take some test photos of stuffed animals to imitate animal's fur but for some reason it doesn't show up there.

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately I don’t have a second lens to try. I also noticed the strange artifacts in water with small waves in a picture that I made today. It’s weird I can’t find anyone else with this problem, so it’s either me being to picky or there’s something with the camera or lens. Guess I will send both, the camera and the lens, for inspection as they are both still under warranty.

Thanks for your replies!