Sony 18-200 mm LE Lens for the Beach?

DrJohn

Lately, I’ve been doing a lot of shooting at the beach. I don’t dare take the A7RIV. I also don’t dare change lenses at the beach.

I’ve been using the Sony 70-350 mm for shooting seagulls. But, 70 mm is too long for other beach photos and as I said, I don’t dare change lenses at the beach. I have the Sony 18-135 mm, but 135 is too short. So, I’m thinking the Sony 18-200 mm LE lens. I’ve seen mixed reviews on that lens.

Any Opinions?

John

Given the other gear in your arsenal you'll surely be disappointed. The non-LE version supposedly is a bit better but also more bulky. If you don't want so swap lenses and want a versatile zoom range, I think you'll be better off getting an RX10IV.

8 hours ago, Pieter said:

Given the other gear in your arsenal you'll surely be disappointed. The non-LE version supposedly is a bit better but also more bulky. If you don't want so swap lenses and want a versatile zoom range, I think you'll be better off getting an RX10IV.

It looks like I will need to decide between Seagulls or beach. I think Seagulls wins.

John

I did this photo with the 70-350 G lens. I don't think the 18-200 will be as good. 

John

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!