Jeff A

Newbie says "Hi"

Hello Ladies and Gents. Just saying hello. I am currently shopping for and about ready to go on a Sony Alpha A7II. I have have 3 Full Frame Cameras in the past, the first two of which met with disaster. The third my son has but I am talking about film cameras. So I will going through the the threads here and trying to learn.

On 10/18/2020 at 5:48 PM, Jeff A said:

Hello Ladies and Gents. Just saying hello. I am currently shopping for and about ready to go on a Sony Alpha A7II. I have have 3 Full Frame Cameras in the past, the first two of which met with disaster. The third my son has but I am talking about film cameras. So I will going through the the threads here and trying to learn.

Well, I have only been a member here for less than 10 days and made one post and now I'm going to happily correct my first post. I previously stated I was about ready to pull the trigger on the Sony Alpha a7II, but that isn't going to happen. I re-examined my priorities and yesterday I ordered a Sony a7III. The two lenses that I'm getting are the Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens which is actually a Sony "Kit" lens and I also added a Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens. I read so many good review for the latter of these two lenses, I just had to give it a shot. The package arrives on 10/29 and for an Old Guy, I'm pretty excited. Thanks for listening, I had to tell somebody! 🙂

On 10/28/2020 at 1:44 AM, Jeff A said:

I had to tell somebody

:) welcome to the forum, you definitely made a good decision with A7III it's way better than A7II. I also heard good things of 55mm1.8 Zeiss lens, my teacher suggested it to me. For general purpose Tamron 28-75 worked well for me, their 28-200mm lens sounds even better for casual photo/video/travel