Sony a7s3 AF problem

Xaquar

Hi,

Since I bought new sony a7s3 Im having issiue with AF. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeopdCOqgQo

No matter what settings I have, I can set it to speed 1 and sensitivity 1 and still do the same. On the larger distance its works fine, but in close ups, its just jumping instantly. Also when I do some movement to the object it just go blur, jump focus, blur jump focus. I cant find any other topic about it and I cant beleave, nobody wouldnt notice this. Might be just bad piece idk.

Yes I can confirm now.

Tamron 28-75 same problem on 50mm

But on 28mm it works fine

Another issues I found are during 1 day shooting, 5 times my af touch display function stoped working. Just froze. I had to turn on and off camera and worked fine after. 

And that is not a big problem, but sometimes % on battery life are just gone and also you have to restart camera to get it back.

And this one i need to investigate more, cuz I think it is SD card problem. I have v30 and should be fine on 4k50, but sometimes I get some wierd fps drops and video is choppy.

You're a lot calmer than I'd be after shelling out $3500 for a camera with issues hoping some future phantom firmware update might correct.

My 7Sii developed a group of purple pixels 3 weeks after buying the camera but only when rolling 4K. I exchanged it in spite of the dealer saying it's hardly noticeable if you don't know where to look. A camera this new with issues will surely present with other ones outside of the return or warranty period. I'd punt it back to Pittsburgh immediately for an exchange.

Well I am colm since I bought it officialy in the shop so I will get repair, or change. Nothing to worry about :D But since I was almost first in our country to own this camera, I know they will not be able to change it anyway since they dont have more :D and we are under lockdown right now anyway. So nothing to do. I still have my old a73 so I can work no problemo.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No it´s still happening even after update. Change doesnt help I found out it´s doing on all cameras I made new video were you can see thi jumping issiue and after you zoom out and go back is working for a sec and then jumping again:

still waiting for fix. i am just surprised noone is talking about this. Its happening in all details. Like when you go from eye to mouth etc.

On 4/23/2021 at 10:27 AM, Xaquar said:

No it´s still happening even after update. Change doesnt help I found out it´s doing on all cameras I made new video were you can see thi jumping issiue and after you zoom out and go back is working for a sec and then jumping again:

still waiting for fix. i am just surprised noone is talking about this. Its happening in all details. Like when you go from eye to mouth etc.

Tbh, I am extremely surprise that the problem wasn't fixed after the update? I ALWAYS thought this would be the element that would eventually solve the problem for good.

Yeah I am surprise too, like this is huge I cant do any detail shots and I thought ok, this is not correct update will fix it but no. but still wierd is I did not saw any topics about it and people had to notice this like idk its wierd because I asked multiple ppl and they noticed it so its not only problem with my camera but no fix yet.

I can now confirm its a global problem. Yesterday I tested it on multiple cameras they all do. Just test it for yourself. Focus mode on spot L/M (doesnt matter) put 50 or 85 lens, two objects close to each other and just go from one to another and you will see it will jump. mabye 2-3 will be fine but then its start.

Its a software issiue and we need to wait for the fix. But question is, do they know about this. its impassible to do any details with this. I jast cant go from eye to sunglasses or from ring to hand without using MF. AF just jump instatly cant do anything about it.

I have something similar. In eye detection mode it often suddenly searches for the eye and so loses sharpness. The image zooms then in and out...because of the focus searching. Firmware update did not fix it.  Greetings Bob

Edited by GlobalOil

• 6 months later...