OKay i will be first..love my A99

stlbobby

hey all, i left Nikon to go to my A99 and have never regreted it. 

Its built like a tank,but feels so good in the hand.Get the battery grip for even more convience .

It has features built into it that at THAT time no one else had.

Have a bag full of Zeiss glass and the combo just works.Even have a few legacy lens, one being the 28-135mm Minolta lens.A great walk around lens.

So i am a cheer leader for these outstanding camers

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I also love my A99, as photography is only a hobby and not my living, but I like quality tools, I managed to pick up a used body for under £500.

I particularly like the digital level, the focus peaking for manual focus and the ease of using controls I have customised: back button autofocus, front knob for switching autofocus mode and self programmed settings for wildlife, landscape and night skies.

There's no point in having a good camera without good glass - so the used market has helped out again, particularly with my Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8, and Sony vary-sonnar 24-70mm f/2.8.

I'm saving for a better telephoto lens, but at the moment my Tamron sp 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and my Minolta 500mm f/8 reflex will do ok.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2021 at 10:32 PM, thebeardedgroundsman said:

Hi,

I also love my A99, as photography is only a hobby and not my living, but I like quality tools, I managed to pick up a used body for under £500.

I particularly like the digital level, the focus peaking for manual focus and the ease of using controls I have customised: back button autofocus, front knob for switching autofocus mode and self programmed settings for wildlife, landscape and night skies.

There's no point in having a good camera without good glass - so the used market has helped out again, particularly with my Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8, and Sony vary-sonnar 24-70mm f/2.8.

I'm saving for a better telephoto lens, but at the moment my Tamron sp 70-300mm f/4-5.6 and my Minolta 500mm f/8 reflex will do ok.

Hey there,

Ihave to agree that the A9x series of A-mount line has a very specific built quality.

I had reviewed A7Rm2 3 years ago and been able to compare it head to head with the A77m2 and I was shocked to see how the A7 series of E-mount line is built like a toy... When switched off, moving the body in my hand gave a clinky/dingy noise inside that is supposed to be the IBIS... Don't see why as it never does this with any A-mount bodies...

I'm eager to rent an A9m3 when it will be available to compare its build quality side by side with A99m2. This last one is also built like a tank.