If you wanted to purchase an e mount to shoot with others older lens which one ??

Hello all

I am looking for one of the many smaller e mount Sony camera.I already have a complete A99 A mount set up,it just does not work with my project.

I will be hitting FB market place,GL,Ebay and on and on.Looking for cool old glass i will be using to take various projects using nothing but OLD glass

just looking to see where it goes.SOOOooo now you know exactly what my plans are which would you choose.? And what do you think of the idea?

Im buying something soon

If you're shooting vintage glass, you have zero use for all the fancy AF features in any of the newer cameras. Save loads of cash and try to find a second-hand a6000: the sensor performance differs only marginally from the newest a6600.

• 1 month later...

I believe the Sony A7II makes the best use of vintage glass. Full frame which the lenses are designed to cover, IBIS, and they mostly corrected the sensor ghosting of the original A7, plus it has the newer stronger lens mount.

If you're looking aps-c, I would say NOT the A6000 because of the weak lens mount (unless you're willing to replace it which isn't that difficult).  The A6500 is the cheapest way to get the stronger mount and IBIS.