A and RX

jmc

Wonder if the A and RX are siblings or cousins?  So I guess I should read about them more, huh?
The guide for the A6300 is 321 big font pages
The guide the RX100M6 is 584 small font pages
Good grief it's gonna be next summer before I get to pit these two against each other for some friendly rivalry!!   ?
(got any Cliff notes anyone?)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Well on the other end of the spectrum friends and family note "what the heck is that?" for the A (probably cuz its missing the SLR tent) and "awww it's so cute" for the RX (cuz well it kinda is).

One buddy hid the RX in his hand and attempted to walk out with it   ?   He has huge basketball hands, too funny.

But you're right ... one gets stuck on a scope at night in the dark, one gets to go everywhere and gets all the attention.  Sounds just like relatives in real life.

17 hours ago, jmc said:

The guide for the A6300 is 321 big font pages
The guide the RX100M6 is 584 small font pages
Good grief it's gonna be next summer before I get to pit these two against each other for some friendly rivalry!! 

I don't know, but I'd be surprised if the RX has more to document than the A. And I'd be more surprised if you got anything useful out of the exercise of reading either. You'd get more from an hour of youtube watching.

Actually I am quite surprised already ... so much in these little packages these days
I grew up with Sony docs literally since I was a kid cuz Mom did business with Sony and the engineers and techs in Japan were quite the group back then ... so I enjoy reading them   ?

The professionally done tube shows are good no argument there, but have to pick and choose to not waste time

And hey at least I enjoy reading user manuals ... my girlfriend in college enjoyed reading her absolutelyhugeonitsownstand dictionary every day, good grief.

Anyway, hopefully little gems will surface after exercising my retinas.

Have to say... yes, marketing material tells us what the marketing men want us to think, whereas user manuals tell us what a thing actually does, and how, and how difficult it might be.  Thus, reading the manual gives us much clearer pre-purchase expectations. Certainly I do this to check out what options other models might have that my camera does not.

Yup!  Couldn't agree more.
In my line of work we go by measure twice cut once ... just repeat that mentally 5 times before actual execution, heh
Though all that eye exercise didn't help with the NFC issue -> still somewhat flaky
Gonna keep trying with the 6300 and 100 to see what trick gets that to actually work?