Musicman1

Hi From Nevada, U.S.A.

Just wanted to say hello to everybody.  I just recently bought a brand new Alpha a7iii with the 28-70mm lens.  I'm definitely loving this camera.  I'm an old Nikon guy from years past.  I still own lots of Nikon gear: Photomic FTN, Nikkormat FTN along with many lenses and accessories.  I finally decided to join the 21st century.  It's nice to be here.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• I do tend to print relatively large, 17x22 at least, for exhibition. I seldom crop, preferring to compose full frame, but still, for my purposes the higher the resolution the better. It is a shame as I do love the way the Fuji handles and for me a good camera is like a good pair of shoes, the most important part is the fit.
    • I suspect the Fuji x100v will not have the resolution you require after the RX1, but the new 23mm lens (35 mm FF) is very sharp and  able.  I also just saw an unusual video of one photographer extolling the virtues of the Sigma fp for lightweight photography, though without fast AF.  I will look forward to hearing your result.
    • I recently moved from canon 5d mk4 to Sony a7r4. Partly to save on weight and bulk, but mainly for improved autofocus. Initially I went for the 70-200gm 2.8. But found it to be a very lens heavy combination saving me almost nothing on my canon admittedly with very nice results. Then decided to try the tamron 70-180,  to my mind it matches the mirrorless ethos perfectly, small in size and light in weight, so much nicer to have on my shoulder for hours at a time. Yes it is missing the “bells
    • I have a dilemma. My favorite digital camera ever has been the RX1r2. It perfectly suits what I need for about 75% of my work. (I have a Nikon Z7 and lenses for the rest.) The pop-up viewfinder on my RX1r2 has now broken for the second time and it is a pain to get fixed, if I can get it fixed at all. The first time it cost me $600 to have it repaired and took nearly three months. I have been waiting, and waiting and waiting, in the hope that a RX1r3 might eventually come out. By now I have no id
    • Well, I have only been a member here for less than 10 days and made one post and now I'm going to happily correct my first post. I previously stated I was about ready to pull the trigger on the Sony Alpha a7II, but that isn't going to happen. I re-examined my priorities and yesterday I ordered a Sony a7III. The two lenses that I'm getting are the Sony FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens which is actually a Sony "Kit" lens and I also added a Sony Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens. I read so many good rev
  • Topics