Sign in to follow this  
omi7k

Beginner help. Be kind please!

Hi everyone so a little background. over the past couple of weeks i have been overwhelmingly fascinated with videography.  One area is with streaming using zoom, etc due to covid.

One use i am looking to maximize is a top mount vertical down view over a 24x24 inch space view with as much clarity focus display as possible. As an example slightly bolder text words than what you may find in a book.  indoor use.

Camera: a5100 ( body only)

I'm looking at a Sigma 30mm F/1.4 lens based on price.

My ASK:

Is what i'm trying to accomplish doable?

if so, what lens could i achieve this with.

in terms of cost. 300-400 at most.

Greatly appreciate your time. My apologies if i missed any additional level of information needed.

Omi7k

I have no idea, of what you are trying to achieve ? Covid Video with book text ?  I suggest you contact, Fixation, or any other reputable Camera & Lens rental Company,  rent whatever lens, takes your fancy,  and see how the results , stack up. Then you will be able to buy whichever lens best fits , whatever it is, you are trying to do.

Good Luck !

Sigma 30f1.4 is a good lens, 16f1.4 is best for general use, do you have kit lens? if yes then experiment which focal length works best then can decide which Sigma to get. Have you tried it already? I wonder how a5100 will work with zoom/streaming