SAL2470Z Lens Hood

I recently purchased a used SAL2470Z (Sony Zeiss Vario Sonnar 2.8/24-70 ZA T* SSM) that did not include a lens hood. According to the Sony website, the correct hood for this lens is ALC-SH101. I ordered a used hood from B&H; however, the lens hood (with the model number ALC SH101 clearly marked on the hood) does not fit. The diameter is too large. Anyone have any idea what the correct hood number is for this lens? 

Thanks for the information. The lens is not f4; it's f2.8. Here's the exact lettering on the lens: Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 2,8/24-70 ZA T* SSM. 

I read on a site, which of course I didn't bookmark, that others have experienced this problem, and that perhaps Sony has the wrong information posted. 

In the meantime, I'll use a cheap screw tulip lens hood. Getting that on Friday. As long as there's no problem with vignetting, I'll have to live with that. 

Thanks again. 

dp 

There were 2 different models of SAL2470 ( 24-70mm F 2.8 Zeiss lenses for A-Mount). Not to confuse with E- Mount SEL2470Z (which is f4) and SEL2470GM which is 2.8 GM

- Model 1 (SAL2470Z) would require ALC-SH101

- Model 2 (SAL2470Z2) would require ALC-SH130

What model number is inscribed right by the serial number at the bottom of the lens barrel close to the lens mount ?

Thanks for the response; however, the lens model number is SAL2470Z, for which the ALC-SH101 should fit. It doesn't. 

See attached photo (cellphone; sorry for quality). Perhaps Sony mislabeled the hood? 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Your shade appears to be missing the beveled part that has the bayonet mounting

Here pics from some eBay sellers for ALC-SH101

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!