Sony A7M3 (ILCE 7M3), PlayMemoriesHome and Macbook with Catalina 10.15:wireless connection is not established

Hi everyone.

First of all I have to say that  I have no experience with Sony cameras, as I have only purchased an A7M3 since a few days, so maybe the problem is related to some of my possible settings errors in the camera or in the mac.

I'm trying to download wireless (via a router as a common access point to both the camera and the Mac) photos from the camera to the Macbook but I can't, the connection between the Mac and the camera is not created.

I downloaded PlayMemoriesHome, but It seems  that PMHome doesn't work on the Macbook (I can download the app on the Mac but, once downloaded, PMHome opens but I can't customize it, it seems inactive).

The operating system of the Macbook is Catalina 10.15: may the problem depend on the fact that PMHome is not compatible with this operating system?

Has anyone already faced this problem?

Thanks to all

Franco

Thanks for the answer.

I have already downloaded  Imaging Edge for Desktop but it seems that whit this App you can download the photos from the camera to the Macbook only with the cable + USB.

On the contrary, I need to download the photos from the camera to the macbook in wireless way.

Thanks !

Franco

• 2 weeks later...

Catalina is 64-bit. Playmemories is a 32-bit app and will not run on Catalina.

Playmemories was replaced by Imaging Edge, which does not support wireless transfer on Mac. The auto-import feature is also gone. Hopefully, Sony will reinstate these features in the future.