I am trying to use the Timelapse app on my Sony A6000. It won't let me set an interval more than 60 seconds - is it impossible or am I just missing it?  Also, I can't figure out how to have it save as a movie instead of individual frames - how is that set?  Also it seems to eat my batteries very quickly - no longer than an hour or two of timelapse taking photos every 60 seconds, even though I've got something sitting in front of the viewfinder, to keep the LCD turned off - is that normal?

• 1 month later...

I have a 6400, so can't speak to settings for your specific model.

The time-lapse feature only takes individual photos. It will not create a movie in the camera. You need external software for that.

Sony provides "Imaging Edge Desktop" https://imagingedge.sony.net/en-us/ie-desktop.html  The "Viewer" module has the ability to create a time-lapse movie from images captured in interval mode. Other image processing software (i.e. Adobe Lightroom) provides similar functionality.

> The time-lapse feature only takes individual photos. It will not create a movie in the camera. You need external software for that.

that appears to be not true - the TimeLapse app does make videos if set to do so (there's an option) - I figured out where they were stored (in a separate folder on the SD card, not with the other content).

On 7/24/2020 at 12:53 PM, mlevin77 said:

> The time-lapse feature only takes individual photos. It will not create a movie in the camera. You need external software for that.

that appears to be not true - the TimeLapse app does make videos if set to do so (there's an option) - I figured out where they were stored (in a separate folder on the SD card, not with the other content).

You are correct... seems there is a "time-lapse" camera app available as an extra purchase from Sony.

https://www.playmemoriescameraapps.com/portal/usbdetail.php?eid=IS9104-NPIA09014_00-000003

At a quick look it appears that the a6500 is the most recent model with support. Last updated in 2016. Sony lists it under the "Playmemories" heading, which has apparently been superceded by Imaging Edge.

Sorry for the incorrect info. Glad you found a solution. Note that it is possible that shooting stills in interval mode and creating the movie on your computer (as opposed to in-camera) _may_ provide more flexibility and/or better quality.

When I do time-lapse, I shoot RAW and then process the files in Lightroom. This gives me full control over post-processing. That may or may not be important to you.