Sign in to follow this  
PaulJ

Unable to connect via PC Remote

Advertisement (gone after registration)

IMG_6645.HEICIMG_6645.HEIC

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up my Sony a6300 as webcam using the Sony Remote software to my Mac Book Pro.

For some reason it's recognising the camera but not connecting. It seems to be stuck in the 'Connecting... USB' cycle even when I've left it for several hours.

I'm using the USB setting PC Connect on the camera
I'm using the Sony USB to B cable supplied with camera.

So far I've tried the following;
1. Using another USB to B cable (although it is recognising the camera, just not connecting - see screenshots)

2. Reset camera to factory settings

3. Uninstalled and re-installed the Sony Image Edge software

4. Several restarts of the Mac and Camera

Fair to say I'm stumped!!!

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thank you :-)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Makeev
      This is a Sony A6300 with Sigma AF 24-105mm f/4 DG HSM Art Minolta A with Sony LA-EA3 A-Mount Adapter. As well as Blackmagic Production Camera 4K EF with Sigma AF 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Canon EF-S and Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM. The result is 10 minutes of peace and clouds. Except for the opening plan in the timelapse, everything else was in real time. After the post-production, it was accelerated.

• By Makeev
      38 minutes of stormy sunrise with nature sounds. Shot on Shot on Sony A6300 in Gamma Cine2 (ISO 400). Lens Sigma AF 24-105mm f/4 DG HSM Art Minolta A with Sony LA-EA3 A-Mount Adapter.
      Only part of longest shooting and A6300 no overheat!
    • By The Chris Atwood
      I’m starting to stream shows using a Mac Pro to run Ecamm and zoom with my Sony 6300 & Sony 6000.
      Currently I use a 6ft usb cable that works great, but I want to get longer cables.  I just purchased two 20 ft cables last week and the connection didn’t work. (To be honest, they were cheep cables... you get what you pay for, lol).

Does anyone know the limitations of usb cables for connectivity or are their specific cables I need to buy.
      Anything longer than 6 feet would be awesome, but I’d love to go 25 feet so I can mount a camera to a gimbal or slider. 

Thanks in advance!
    • By mirrorlessNY(youtuber)
      Hi, wonder if anyone is familiar with this, A7Riii has 42mp sensor while A7iii is 24mp, what effect does pixel size have on low light video, besides the obvious max ISO limit, thank you

• By DHOC_TAZH_NJ
      Hello, 

I'm curious to know if these two lenses can be effectively used in FF bodies without invoking crop mode. For instance, in my Pentax APS-C setup, I can use my 35mm and 50mm lenses in compatible FF bodies (film and DSLR). There is very slight vignetting, but I can get a full frame view out of them.

Has anyone else tried these two lenses in FF mode?
    • I would like to power the camera during a timelapse so that batteries don't run out. But when I plug a USB charge cable in to its charge port, the screen automatically goes to the USB file transfer mode, as if I was trying to connect it to a computer to pull off the photos. Is there a way to keep it operating in shoot mode while providing power via the charge port?
    • I am trying to use the Timelapse app on my Sony A6000. It won't let me set an interval more than 60 seconds - is it impossible or am I just missing it?  Also, I can't figure out how to have it save as a movie instead of individual frames - how is that set?  Also it seems to eat my batteries very quickly - no longer than an hour or two of timelapse taking photos every 60 seconds, even though I've got something sitting in front of the viewfinder, to keep the LCD turned off - is that normal?
    • I haven't owned either but from whatever reviews are out there, the 24-105 seems optically much better than the 24-70 Zeiss.
    • They both seem really good lenses. Although the 105 will give me further zoom, i wondered if it was really necessary or would the 70 do the job fine? would also save me a few £££
    • Canon FD 50mm f/1.4 S.S.C Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Mannequins by Piotr Jasinski, on Flickr Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Guitars by Piotr Jasinski, on Flickr Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Perfumes by Piotr Jasinski, on Flickr