Sony Alpha videos are missing

Hey Guys,

so i filmed a bunch of videos for an assessment and it's due tonight! The issue is, the video's are not showing up on my sd card when i plug it in either directly into the laptop or through the camera. The videos,  however do show up on the camera? 

Why is this happening and how do i fix it? 

24 minutes ago, Olaf W. said:

Welcome.

You might find the answer in this thread:

Hey,

i tried linking it up to the computer but the files are just not there? I am still confused? 

1 minute ago, Olaf W. said:

You have to locate the correct subfolder and files depending on the used video format. If you used MP4 all videos might be inside just one file.

They are avchd file files? 

19 minutes ago, Olaf W. said:

Look for big files in subfolders to locate them. Did you check by playing back on the camera that the videos are actually on the card?

I've searched through every file via sd card. I can play it back on the camera

• 2 years later...

I figured it out.. really annoying. So above peopled mentioned its in Private\AVCHD which is correct but AVCHD is not a folder. it looks like its own file that opens with quicktime player. when you double click the file, it will open quicktime player with all of your footage.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

It IS a folder, kind of. It's called a PACKAGE. Control+Click, right click, whatever click to get inside. For AVCHD you'll need to do this a few times. AVCHD then yields > BMVD then yields > STREAM folder which contains video.

(This will help anyone finding a mega huge file (likely a package) without a clue as to why it's so big, what's inside, and how do I get to the goods.)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• SAF Admin changed the title to Sony Alpha videos are missing
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, JCCabin said:

So what camera are you using? Videos are stored in the Private folder, but depending on how you set up your camera, in a two-SD card camera, they are sometimes stored on the second SD card. Without more info, can't help you.

You are responding to a thread over 2 years old. I think the OP has solved their problem, or given up, by now.

After shooting Olympus for several years, I was perplexed by the way Sony hides the video files. There must be a reason why they don't mix them in with images... but I admit as one who rarely takes video I have managed to format my card, then slapped my forehead as I  remembered the videos I had captured. 😀