Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By imboredx9999
      Hello,
      I just got used A7riii and the touchscreen does not work. I have tried updating the firmware, resetting the camera multiple times, changing the setting that has to do with autofocus (yes I'm aware that you have to turn this function on, I've turned it on and off so many times already) I'm not sure what I'm missing. The touchscreen is just unresponsive. I've done everything short of sacrificing a goat. Has anyone else run into this issue before? The previous owner says that they never used the touchscreen so they were not aware of it. Please help me figure it out. It cost a lot of money.
      Thanks!
    • By Eric615
      Recently my LCD screen stopped working. Everything I’ve researched addresses the screen going black but my problem is a little bit different and I can’t find anything that addresses it.
       It started as a faint reddish-orange thin horizontal line right above the camera settings extending the entire width of the bottom of the screen. It was almost like a ghosting effect over the text. Over about the next hour or so the lines gradually multiplied upward in a variety of brighter colors until it was 1/2 way up the screen. Shortly after it fizzled the rest of the way up very quickly and turned dark. It didn’t turn completely black or even a solid just dark gray with thin vertical lines all the way across. 
      I’ve attached pictures of the screen when the problem got bad. It’s not a great pic but it was dark and foggy and I was in the middle of a huge field in the middle of nowhere. 
      The camera itself still functions properly but I can’t switch feed to the viewfinder because I had set it to monitor only. I hooked up an external LCD and tried to change it that way but the option was grayed out.
      I have a theory on what could have caused the problem. I was doing some running around and quick on my feet stuff so I had worked up quite a sweat. I had my screen tilted up and on a few or more occasions my sweat dripped from my hat onto the screen several times.  I’m not talking about a mist either. I was sweating hard. Of course I wiped it off immediately but only the front. I was in a dark environment and trying to keep pace with my subjects. And honestly didn’t think it was anything to worry about.
      In looking at the back of the LCD screen I noticed that it appears to be somewhat open in terms of the housing and If that’s the case my sweat could’ve easily rolled around the back into the grove that’s directly on the bottom on the back of the screen.
      Im almost positive replacing the screen is the answer but before I dive into the repair I want to get some opinions
      I did buy this camera refurbished from Amazon about 6 months ago and also purchased a warranty with Asurion but I’m not paying deductibles and waiting forever to solve this over a $50 part I can replace myself. If it was serious damage then obviously I’d have no choice.
      I would greatly appreciate any feedback! 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By deeepraveen
      It was a casual Sunday morning after breakfast, asked my daughter to pose like a ghost which she did good and turned out quite creepy after some edits.
    • By jblensvista
      Hello all,
      i am looking forward to buy a Sony a7iii, in Bangalore, India. i found the authorized shops from the Sony website, and went to the stores, 
      their was difference in the price between every shop and one particular shop was ready to sell the Sony A7iii body for 1,30,000 rs /-,
      and this shop was listed in the Sony Authorized dealers
      Iam so confused is it the original product or a grey market product,
      Can any one help me with the camera serial numbers for India, or 
      How to identify the camera is original or a grey market or Counterfeit.

• By Jagmedia_
      Hey guys, I wonder if anyone can help me with this,
      I've finally managed to figure out how to colour grade S-Log 3 footage from my A7III and I'm really happy with the results I'm getting in DaVinci Resolve. However, when I export the footage the shadows look very pink. This is not how it looks in the program and the only person I can find with a similar issue is the YouTiber Matti Haapoja. Even then, I'm still experiencing far more prominent issues with the footage. 
      I've tried correcting for the pink shadows with curves, tints to green and overexposing the image to the point that the footage doesn't look very good.
      If anyone knows what's going on and knows how to fix it please let me know.
  • Topics