Hi everyone. Your opinion?

Hi everyone.  I'm pretty new here.  I have a Sony A7III and shoot mostly outdoors photography.

I'm considering buying a 200-600mm lens but have also heard rumors that Sony is going to be introducing the Sony A7IV soon.

I have a 400mm lens that works for most purposes so the longer length isn't that critical and I'm wondering if I should save my money and wait till the A7IV comes out.

Has anyone heard when Sony expects to release that camera.  If it's going to be fairly soon, I will probably hold off buying the lens, if not, well...

Any thoughts you folks might have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and it's nice to be here.

How much better, is the  A 7 4 going to be, over the A 7 3 ?

I could understand the question more, if you were going to update to  the  A 7 S or A 7 R series.

Presumably, you are talking about using a tripod ? 

Offhand I have no idea how much the  200 - 600 lens weighs, but I did rent the 70 - 200   f 2.8 for a couple of days.

Yes, lovely lens, but so heavy, to lug around on a day to day basis, I would never considder buying one.

Is there anywhere , locally you can rent, the 200  - 600 ?  do some test shots  ?

Or mebbe your local shop, will let you try it out  ?

It would be a real waste of money, to pay for the  200 - 600, then find out, its not what you expected, especially as you are happy with your 400 mm.

I, would wait, and see , what this : A 7 4, has to offer.....then decide,   if its so different,   that  you want to update.

Then, adress the lens  issue, but as said, try renting  the 200 - 600 for a couple of days, then see what you think of the results !

Good luck, whichever way, you go.

Edited by Wally The Confused
tyop