fwolff

Multiple Raw format in camera.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

For all those familiar with the technical aspect of the A7R3 & A7R4, what would it take for Sony to implement a multi raw file system in camera.

Software, Firmware, Hardware?

Not all images need to be 42/61 mb. The advantages are obvious with that type of control, during an event and for different types of events. 

Thanks,

FW

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Not a lot of difference between the R3 and R4 besides the added MP and the resulting detail. An ISO range of a camera doesn't show how noisy its sensor is. There is a big difference in the last 6 years from the R1 to the R4. Sony increased the resolution while simultaneously decreasing the noise at high ISO. This was once thought of as a trade off. I want that new tech in the APS-C sensor. I always shoot in raw but looking at the a6000 menu there is an option when shooting JPEGs to do
    • Hope soon to move over to Sony from Canon at the moment I use CF cards along side SD cards in the 7D MK II but what would/do you use in your Sony A9? Obviously you need a big card to take what I assume would be a lot more images at 20 FPS RAW (if you hold the shutter down) I don't go over 64GB on a card as I would rather change that card for a new just in case anything larger has a problem and you loose everything (never had a card fail but you never no) I also take it that you would need the UH
    • Ciao a tutti, ho avuto in regalo una datata sony a330 e sto iniziando a prenderci confidenza. Buona luce a tutti
    • That's interesting, haven't seen the Samyang before. Would you say it's much different from the Zeiss 55mm in terms of image quality and performance / worth the price difference?
    • ISO-range of A7Riii and A7Riv are the same (100 - 32000), as is the dynamic range: https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-a7riv-versus-a7riii-dynamic-range/ Even though I like the absolute sharpness and detail when I pixel-peep my photo's, it hardly serves a practical purpose. It's like the whole 4k - 6k - 8k discussion in video-world. Yes you'll see the difference if you're sitting at half a meter from your 65" TV, but who does that except the guy who just bought a new TV? What wou