Greetings from Germany :-)

Hi everybody :)

My name is Sebastian, I'm from Germany and an amateur, but enthusiastic photographer.

It all began in the 80's - when I was very young - I started with a Minolta X-700 film camera and an old Sigma SR 70-210mm manual lens. Well, I didn't shoot much at that time of my life... film development was very expensive for a young boy at the age of 10 to 12 years. 

I returned to photography in 2005 when I went to a rock festival and wanted to catch some memories. I bought a pocket cam (Canon Digital IXUS 30) and thus I recovered my love with photography. Unfortunately... as a student you still don't have much money to buy some good equipment. But: not knowing anything about photography this was a good start over all.

In 2007 I bought my first DSLR: Canon EOS 400D (in the US its name is "Rebel" I guess). I've had two lenses: the kit shit (sorry) and a Tamron 70-300mm - not the SP version, not stabilized etc. Not a bad lens at all. I've had this combo for 6 years until I broke my camera accidentally while cleaning it by myself. 

In 2013 I bought a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS as an interim solution. I wasn't with that thingy. Not at all. Though the zoom range was pretty impressive.

I decided to go for full format. And so a long period of research had begun. Coming from Canon I first checked out that ones. A EOS 6D could be good... or... well, I only have two lenses, so why should I care to change the whole system? So, what does Nikon have...? D610... D800... hmmm... more tests and videos please.

Wait... there's a Minolta legacy here... I loved that camera. And daddy got a lot of stuff... (that he wasn't willing to share with me - I didn't know that by that time :D) - what is ist that Sony got here... oh... uh... that's nice. Why haven't I ever heard of it? 

Well. In 02/2014 I bought my Sony Alpha A99V and a Tamron SP 24-70mm Di USD (because the Zeiss lens is much too expensive for no weather sealing and such a small range of better image quality, in my opinion). 

After a few months I was going to search on eBay and forums for legacy lenses. There's so much wonderful stuff out there!!

Minolta AF 70-210mm f/4 ("beercan")

Minolta AF 50mm f/1.4 ("beercan" version)

Minolta AF 70-200mm f/2.8 G HS

Minolta AF 100 f/2.8 Macro ("beercan" version)

About a month ago I decided to improve myself in shooting portraits. I've bought a mobile strobe: Priolite MBX 300 (wonderful stuff!!).

Well, that's it for the moment. Hope to have fun here and make some friends. :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/seelenpfluecker/

https://500px.com/seelenpfluecker

https://www.facebook.com/2wielicht

PS: I apologize for my bad English.

Hi everybody :)

My name is Sebastian, I'm from Germany and an amateur, but enthusiastic photographer.

It all began in the 80's - when I was very young - I started with a Minolta X-700 film camera and an old Sigma SR 70-210mm manual lens. Well, I didn't shoot much at that time of my life... film development was very expensive for a young boy at the age of 10 to 12 years. 

I returned to photography in 2005 when I went to a rock festival and wanted to catch some memories. I bought a pocket cam (Canon Digital IXUS 30) and thus I recovered my love with photography. Unfortunately... as a student you still don't have much money to buy some good equipment. But: not knowing anything about photography this was a good start over all.

In 2007 I bought my first DSLR: Canon EOS 400D (in the US its name is "Rebel" I guess). I've had two lenses: the kit shit (sorry) and a Tamron 70-300mm - not the SP version, not stabilized etc. Not a bad lens at all. I've had this combo for 6 years until I broke my camera accidentally while cleaning it by myself. 

In 2013 I bought a Canon PowerShot SX50 HS as an interim solution. I wasn't with that thingy. Not at all. Though the zoom range was pretty impressive.

I decided to go for full format. And so a long period of research had begun. Coming from Canon I first checked out that ones. A EOS 6D could be good... or... well, I only have two lenses, so why should I care to change the whole system? So, what does Nikon have...? D610... D800... hmmm... more tests and videos please.

Wait... there's a Minolta legacy here... I loved that camera. And daddy got a lot of stuff... (that he wasn't willing to share with me - I didn't know that by that time :D) - what is ist that Sony got here... oh... uh... that's nice. Why haven't I ever heard of it? 

Well. In 02/2014 I bought my Sony Alpha A99V and a Tamron SP 24-70mm Di USD (because the Zeiss lens is much too expensive for no weather sealing and such a small range of better image quality, in my opinion). 

After a few months I was going to search on eBay and forums for legacy lenses. There's so much wonderful stuff out there!!

Minolta AF 70-210mm f/4 ("beercan")

Minolta AF 50mm f/1.4 ("beercan" version)

Minolta AF 70-200mm f/2.8 G HS

Minolta AF 100 f/2.8 Macro ("beercan" version)

About a month ago I decided to improve myself in shooting portraits. I've bought a mobile strobe: Priolite MBX 300 (wonderful stuff!!).

Well, that's it for the moment. Hope to have fun here and make some friends. :)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/seelenpfluecker/

https://500px.com/seelenpfluecker

https://www.facebook.com/2wielicht

PS: I apologize for my bad English.

Your English is fine and your images are great! I used to teach chemistry in Berlin in the 80’s. Now enjoy photography as a hobby and wishing to add a A7ii to my Canon 5d mkii for travel shooting. Tschüssi!