A9 / A7R111 eye af comparison

MikeT

I am seriously changing my equipment to the Sony range.

With my current eyesight I need the most consistent and accurate Eye AF for non static people shots.

The 24 or 42 meg sensors are not an issue, both would be fine.

Any advice regarding the A9 vs A7R111 would be most appreciated regarding the Eye AF.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2020 at 5:55 AM, MikeT said:

Thanks for the info but I was asking specifically for the accuracy and consistency of the Eye AF, sorry if i was not very clear in my post.

I have both cameras and both are pretty accurate in the Eye AF department, but with the Sony A9x you will be able to lock on Eye AF faster. However, that has nothing to do with Eye AF, but the speed of the camera. The Sony A9 is clearly the champ when it comes to action/wildlife shots. If that is the reason then the A9 is clearly the choice, but the A7RIII is great at Eye AF. 

Hi,

Thats just the information I needed. I will probably go for the A9 because I believe it will be sometime before the competition catches up, if they ever do.

24 meg is sufficient for my needs, I may have to buy a new Mac if I had the A7R111’s 42 meg sensor

It’s really given me confidence to hear from someone, obviously experienced, who uses both these models.

Thanks a lot