Delete from both SD cards or copy from cards

Hi everyone,

I’m struggling with my a7r iii : how do you remove images from both cards at the same time? I shoot simultaneously to both cards but when I remove a picture from SD 1, it stays on SD 2. Or is there a way to sync the backup card to the primary card?

Also, for speed I sometimes end up disabling SD2, but could find how to backup those files or folders after the shot... any help?

Thanks ? 

Edited by Azergoth

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I am new to the Sony system as well. I have the A7RIV.  In order to delete the pictures from both cards without formatting when the count on the screen is different. Example Slot 1 reads 800 and Slot 2 reads 795. You must go into the menu and select the opposite slot for  "Playback Media".

When the count is off. Usually,  the card that was not selected as the "Playback Media". will have additional images.

When I change the "Playback Media" to my other card I am able to see the images that were not deleted. You can then delete as you did before. This should make your counts equal on the screen. Hope that helps. I am very new to this and it is possible someone else could explain this better.

• 1 month later...

If you delete an image in the camera when in Review mode then it is deleted from card 1 only, resulting in  different image counts for both cards. The reason for this is that if you delete in error or change your mind then you always have another copy on card 2.  It's the same principle with Format -  Delete from 1 in error and you've still got 2.  That is the whole purpose of writing to both cards simultaneously - not accidentally losing images.

Edited by alasdairmac