Now About One Month Into Photography

DimitryG31

Just a few days over a month in to photography (no previous experience). I'm really trying to improve and make better choices on settings, but here's what I have so-far! If you have any constructive criticism, I'd love to hear how I could have maybe made these better or done something different! Although everyone has their own taste, I know there's things I could improve! Thanks.

Here's some of my work:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by DimitryG31

20 hours ago, LiveShots said:

I like the lighting on the red car image, and that slightly washed out look on the final photo works for me too.

Thanks very much for the feedback! I think those two are my favorite out of them all as well.

9 hours ago, mirrorlessNY(youtuber) said:

moto shot is amazing,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what happened to the mountain edges in the Acura shot?

It was all in the edits! Here are some more:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by DimitryG31

• 1 year later...

All the car bike(r) shots have the subject in focus with a lovely slight blur background that makes them stand out beautifully.

I suspect the first shot of the reeds you might have liked the flower heads in focus?

This could be achieved by using a higher f stop (Adjustable if you are using aperture mode - marked with an A on your mode wheel) or by pointing the camera at the flower heads, half pressing the shutter button to lock the photo, moving back to the framing you want before finishing the operation of the shutter.

There's a good (free) on-line course at https://chrisbrayphotography.com/courses/online/ Which I have have found really useful for understanding how to get more from my camera beyond Auto mode.

Have fun!