Can't connect my a6400 after Android 10 update

Video here showing the problem. 

As the title says. After connecting to the wifi on the Imaging Edge Mobile app, the message appears: "Something went wrong. The app canceled the request to select a device."

I already tried to Reset Network Settings and uninstalling/installing the app, clearing data and cache and everything. Still didn't work. 

What can I do?

I just got a new a6400 and have the exact same problem. This is with a Sony a6400, Samsung S10e running Android 10, and version 7.3 of Imaging Edge Mobile (deleted and reinstalled). I have found no workaround and have been unable to transfer any images from the camera to the phone.

On 12/25/2019 at 10:20 PM, Kiley Pike said:

I just got a new a6400 and have the exact same problem. This is with a Sony a6400, Samsung S10e running Android 10, and version 7.3 of Imaging Edge Mobile (deleted and reinstalled). I have found no workaround and have been unable to transfer any images from the camera to the phone.

That sucks. Exactly what is happening to me :(

Don't know if it's an issue with the camera, Android 10 or the new version of Imaging Edge Mobile. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same issues over here (OnePlus 7)... WiFi connection on phone disappears while connecting... Already tried turning off mobile data, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, resetting the SSID... shame... Tested it on my wife's iPhone, not a single problem.

Edited by Ruben.iev

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am experiencing similar issues, I thought that my device (S10e with Android 10 indeed) was somehow defective (but I seem to remember everything worked smooth connecting to my Sony HX400V).

So I can speculate that there's something specific to Android 10 and the a6400.

But I found some steps that can help, try before connecting to:

1) Turn on wifi and GPS on smartphone

2) Turn on wifi on camera

3) Turn off bluetooth on smartphone and camera

4) Turn off any battery saving setting on the smartphone

5) Prolong the timeout for screen saving on the camera at least to 30 second or 1 minute

Point 1 and 2 is mandatory, 3 can help reducing radio interference but I think that point 4 and 5 really make the most difference: for some reason the connection needs some time to be established, and battery saving on smartphone and camera can break the process.

If I do the above steps, it can take up to 15/20 seconds for the connection to establish, but without them it's almost constant failure...

Hope it helps,

Mario

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I had exactly the same problem. I tried reinstalling the current app and connecting using the QR code, but the error message is the same. Then I tried using "Connect using the Camera SSID/password" in the app - that worked, I had to press the bin button on the camera to get the password up, and then I selected the SSID and typed it into the phone. It then connected. Next time I tried it connected by selecting the camera name.