Sony Nex-6 Am I killing my batteries?

I own a Sony Nex -6 and I am having trouble with maintaining batteries in the camera.

I charge the batteries by plugging the usb lead into the camera from the Sony power adapter that

was supplied with the camera.    I have on occasions left the camera plugged in for a couple of days

and then when I have tried to use the camera I got the error message   'Battery  exhausted'.

The first time this happened I assumed the battery had failed and bought a replacement but now I am

getting the same error message with the new battery.    I have tested the power unit and it works

with other appliances.    Can anyone please advise me where I am going wrong as I have not

experienced this problem with other cameras I have owned.   

Thank you.

Thanks LiveShots for responding to my post.    

I always turn off the camera when I am charging it and I am not using am after market lens adapter.

I am using a third party battery as the genuine Sony batteries are so expensive.  It is a Photo Master brand.

Thanks for the responses!      The plot has thickened.

Previously,  I tried to charge the two batteries I have by leaving them in place in the camera and connecting the supplied power lead.

Each time the camera was left charging overnight with the charging light displayed and when I checked in the morning and turned the camera on I got the error message 'battery exhausted.'

I thought I would try something else and bought a cheap USB charger and found it successfully charged each battery and when they were put in the camera

they showed they were fully charged.   

It would appear that there is something wrong with the charging circuit inside the camera.   Has anyone else experienced this?