A7RIV and memory cards

Has anyone used Sony M UHS-ll ss memory cards with the IV?  I have a book of these cards and wasn’t sure how they would perform. I’m waiting for my A7RIV to be delivered and really don’t want to spend any additional money. How much longer will the buffer transfer take?  Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jeremy

RAW files start at around 60MB, so check the write speed of the cards, if they are 150MB  per second then taking more than 2.5 frames per second it will start to buffer. I think the buffer is about 33 frames so if you fill the buffer I think it will take about 13 seconds to write all that to the card.

The cards will be fine, just be aware that if you go nuts with the shutter button you may miss some shots while the buffer clears.

Thank you for the information.  My cards run at 100 mb/s write speed.  I will not have a need to burst that hard so I’m not that worried about pictures.  My concern is 4K Video at 30 fps.  How do you think the m cards will handle that situation?  I really appreciate the help.

Jeremy

1 hour ago, jbohiostatetx said:

Thank you for the information.  My cards run at 100 mb/s write speed.  I will not have a need to burst that hard so I’m not that worried about pictures.  My concern is 4K Video at 30 fps.  How do you think the m cards will handle that situation?  I really appreciate the help.

Example of cards image uploaded.

Jeremy

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

My concern is 4K Video at 30 fps.  How do you think the m cards will handle that situation?

As long as the requirements of the camera in that situation are met or exceeded by the capabilities of the card, you will be fine.

Sony does not specify any higher requirement than 100 Mbps, regardless of possible resolution or frame rate.

Edited by Chrissie